ReBirth Foundation Presents “Green Corridor”, a Short Film Competition – Season 4
Rules & Regulations
- The repeat entry of short film is not allowed.
- The film can be Documentary, Experimental, Narrative, Fiction, Non-Fiction, or Animation. The original film may be produced on 35mm, 16 mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U-MATIC, DV, DVD, but the film must be available on DVD presentation for preview purpose for the Technical Committee, Selection Committee, and Jury panel.
- Entries MUST be PAL format only. NTSC is NOT accepted. Festival Management will not be responsible if film is not screened due to problem with the DVD format.
- Total running time of short film must be less than or equal to 5 minutes in length, including front and back credits relating to the movie and rebirth credits. There is no minimum running time. The rebirth credit page, should be shown in the film and should be attached at the end of the film and should be within total 5 minutes of time. Rebirth credits of minimum 5 seconds should be within 5 minutes of the Film time. Format of credits is given as annexure to this document.
- Compressed version for YouTube upload should not be more than 200 MB in size.
- The short film can be in any languages.
- All films must have English subtitles for festival presentation.
- We will need two (2) DVD’s of the film to be submitted along with the Film Submission Letter.
- Each Preview DVD should be labeled with the Film title, running-time, contact E-mail and phone number with international code.
- Multiple entries can be submitted with separate entry forms, preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed.
- Each film will be considered as a new entry.
- ReBirth Foundation and ZTCC Pune, the Sponsors of Green Corridor Season 4, have the rights to use the Entries / Sent / Selected / Nominated films, DVD and materials from the film for festival promotional purposes and to retain DVD copies of each film as part of our library.
Rebirth Foundation can also display the films on any Social Media, digital platforms & websites, Social & Corporate Seminars, Private & Public Gatherings and occasions, training programs, etc.
Without any permission of the Producer / Director.
The film screening & publishing rights will remain with Rebirth Foundation for lifetime without any terms and conditions.
- Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to withdraw under any circumstances until the festival is over.
- The publicity material (Brochure, Stills, Poster, etc.) and a synopsis of the short film has to be enclosed with the entry.
- Entry materials submitted will not be returned to the entrant.
- Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
2. Entry Fees structure:
- Free entry till 15th Aug 2022
- Regular Entry: 16th Aug to 15th Oct 2022 – Rs. 500/-
3. Date of submission
- Film Submission – Till Mid – Night of 31st Oct 2022.
- Film should be submitted on or before deadline.
- The authorities of the Short Film Festival are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
- Entry Forms / Film Submission Letter with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs without any physical/quality defects. The authorities of the Short Film Festival are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
- The competition is open for professionals as well as students.
- There is No separate section for student filmmakers.
Following are the subjects on which you may submit your short film or you have choice to choose your own subject, apart from below mentioned subjects:
- Counsellors’ Magic
They are the most critical link in the process of organ donation yet are never in the limelight. Can you weave a film that draws the curtains and applauds their untiring resolve? Will your film give these unsung heroes the stage that the world needs to see?
- Brain-dead Condition
There is a difference between coma, brain death, and natural death. Can your film give a clear illustration of what brain death is? Does your film have the creative streak to explain this technicality?
- Cops in Action
When it comes to organ donation, they may as well have the Mission Impossible theme playing in the background. Do you have a film that will show the audience the responsibilities and impeccable execution the police force shoulders?
- Second Innings
It is human tendency to acknowledge something only when it is on the brink of loss. Can you spin a film that talks about a recipient’s perspective on the concept of organ donation?
Their parting message to humanity was – ‘At least at last donate’. Do you have the skills to create a film that reveals the hard reality a donor family is put in and how it fights it out to emerge stronger?
- Hospital’s Story
Not only superheroes wear capes. Some wear gloves and a surgical mask. Can you make a film that shines the light on the humongous tasks that doctors carry out every single time?
- The Media Story
History is not only created but also written and reported. Do you think you can make a film that highlights the media’s positive role in the process of organ donation?
5. Submission Of Short Film (Movie)
Mailing Address for Submission of Movie :
C/o. Naresh H. Gandhi.
S No. 692/A/2A, 2nd Floor, Near City Pride Theatre,
Next to Sharada Sahakari Bank,
Pune-Satara Road, Pune-411037.
Office Contact:- 020-24210398 / 8055111711
E –mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: +91 – 9767553300
Name of Contact Person : Mrs. Shamal N. Gandhi
- Winners will be selected by a jury panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, production companies, filmmakers, and other film industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the Festival organizers.
- All films will be judged by equally based on:
o Content Originality (Quality of storyline, and script)
o Production (Cinematography, lighting, and shot Division/composition)
o Post-Production (Editing, transitions, pacing, continuity, and flow)
o Image (Focus, color, and lighting)
o Sound Quality (Clarity, consistency of audio levels, and lack of noise)
- No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind.
- The decision of selection committee is final and no correspondence will be entertained. Finalists will be notified by phone and/or email. The Rebirth Short Film Festival will use its best efforts to announce the selected films, winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
- By entering the Rebirth Short Film Festival, contestants and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the Festival and its judges which are final and binding in all matters.
- Selection of films for Rebirth Short Film Festival will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sector is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
- The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen in different cities across the world on non-commercial basis.
- For promotional / publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network / Internet or related media during and after the festival period.
- Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Festival rules and regulations as established herein. The Rebirth Short Film Festival reserves the right to extend the Festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- The Film Will be uploaded on YouTube; the maximum reached, Liked and Shared fil will be eligible for the Best YouTube award.
- All Fields should be filed correctly and truly, else the entry will be rejected.
7. Legal Implications
- Short films that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in your short film. By entering the Festival, the entrant agrees that the Rebirth Foundation Film Festival will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film.
- The Rebirth Short Film Festival reserves the right to not screen any film(s) for any reason it deems valid.
- The entrants may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offence or infringement. Racial, religious and regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the film being submitted.
- Affidavits of winners under 18 years of age at time of award must be countersigned by parent or legal guardian. Affidavits are subject to verification by the Rebirth Short Film Festival. All the legal issues, if any, shall be under the jurisdiction of Pune, Maharashtra, India only.
- Rebirth Short Film Festival Organisers, Selection Committee Members, and Juries are not allowed to participate in respective festivals as a contestant.
- Entrants will jointly retain all ownership rights to their films submitted along with Rebirth Foundation.
8. Awards categories and Prize Money in Indian Rupees (INR)
- Best Film. – 100,000
- 1st Runner Up. – 50,000
- 2nd Runner Up. – 25,000
- Best Director. – 25,000
- Best Actor. – 10,000
- Best Actress. – 10,000
- Best You Tube – 15,000
- First Runner-up YouTube – 10,000
- Best Regional Film – 25,000
- 2nd Best Regional Film – 15,000
- Best Music/Jingle. – 10,000
- Best Creative Concept. – 10,000
- Best Animation Film – 10,000
The prize money is subject to Deduction of Tax at source as per the prevailing Income Tax Act. Necessary Tax Deduction Certificates would be issued.
9. Checked before submission:
- Complete Film Submission Letter form with signature
- Signed copy of Terms and conditions as a token of acceptance of the same.
- 2 DVDs of the film
- Movie Poster (A4 Size)
- Also Email Poster or Stills to email@example.com
- It is mandatory for all participants to submit their PAN Details .
10. Fill Up The Participation Form